Everything you need to know about Airpods
Learn how to use your new AirPods with all these tips and tutorials. Welcome to the family of best wireless earpiece there exist. We will walk you through every little detail you need to know to fully customize your Airpods
AirPods Introduction / Connecting
Apple has made some true quality wireless Airpods. Setting them up is as easy as unboxing them. There are many tricks for you to know about these wireless earbuds down in this article. You have a Mac you have Airpods. We will make sure you know how to set them up together.
Luckily, AirPods have intuitive enough connecting method. This whole guide and tutorial will help you get connected with AirPods. All this guide work with both AirPods and AirPods 2. You don’t have to search for any more forums or websites for answers, we got it all here.
Connecting Airpods to iPhone
This is how to connect AirPods to your iPhone before you start enjoying them.
- Open up the AirPods charging case really close to your iPhone.
- Press the Connect button on iPhone.
Bingo! Let’s groove.
There is an extra step to connect your same AirPods to another iPhone. Repeat the same 2 steps from above. Then according to your iPhone, press the pairing button at the backside of AirPods charging case. That will be all.
You’d like to pair the buds with your iPad. Voila! Once the AirPods are connected with your iPhone, the Pods will be paired with your iPad automatically, if both devices are synchronized with the same Apple ID. Same thing goes with other Apple devices like Apple Watch, MacBook or MacBook Pro.
How to connect your AirPods to MacBook
If your buds aren’t connected with your iPhone before, there are some more steps to pair your AirPods with your MacBook.
- Pop up the AirPods charging case.
- On the backside of the case, there is a pairing button. Press and Hold it
- Open the Apple Menu.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth
- Click on AirPods from the list
- Press Pair
Your AirPods are connected with the MacBook, give them a go!
How to Check your AirPods Battery Life
The Latest Apple second generation AirPods gives about 5 hours of listening time of music and up to 3 hours of talk time before charging again. You can check your AirPods battery status with iPhone’s Today View by swiping right on your Home or Lock Screen.
Here is Another simple way of checking AirPods charge status.
If you’re using an iPad or iPhone.
- Open AirPods Charging Case
- Check your Apple iPhone or iPad
Around 2 seconds, you will see a pop up that will show the current battery status of your AirPods and Charging case. Android users can use third party app to check AirPods battery status, as there is no native way to check battery life on android yet.
If you’re using a MacBook.
- Open AirPods Charging Case.
- Hover your mouse to Bluetooth icon.
- Keep the mouse on AirPods from menu.
Here you can see the current charge status of your AirPods and Charging case.
If you’re using Apple Watch
- Open Control Center.
- Scroll up to watch face.
- Press Apple Watch battery icon
Apple AirPods battery will be displayed individually rightbelow the watch battery.
How to charge your AirPods
According to Apple, AirPods should last at least 5 hours on a single charge. Fair enough! After running many tests, the AirPods lasted around four hours and forty-five minutes. It means the Apple claim held up. A 15 min. of charge will provide up to 3 hours of listening music.
- Place AirPods in their Charging Case.
- Let them charge for around 15 minutes.
- Start using them again.
Charging case can be charged with or without the buds. You can charge the buds many times with a fully charged case.
How to change AirPods Name
You can also change the display name of your AirPods to literally anything that suits you. Just follow the simple steps below.
- Open Settings on your IOS Device.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Select AirPods from the list.
- Tap on the Name section.
- Enter a unique name for AirPods and Press Done from the keyboard.
How to customize your AirPods’ Double Tap Control
Yes, you can change your AirPods name but why stop there, you can also change what happens when you double tap the AirPods. Did you know there is a double tap feature? Well now you do! Siri is amazing but maybe you don’t want it everywhere or maybe you need something else at the moment with the double tap gesture.
- Go to Settings on you iPhone.
- Open Bluetooth menu.
- Select AirPods from the list.
- Select both one by one.
- Choose the function you use more often.
You can disable the double tap function on AirPods if you don’t need them or if you’re accidently toggling it again and again. There are many features to choose from in double tap menu. You can jump to next track, jump to previous track or play/pause music with double tap.
How to use Siri with AirPods
Apple AirPods 2 released in end of March 2019. Unlike the previous generation AirPods, you don’t have to double tap on any of the AirPods to trigger Siri. Your digital assistant will be activated by saying “Hey Siri”. But if you prefer the double tap feature, you can still use it to activate Siri.
Siri requires a stable internet connection even for the simplest commands like setting an alarm or controlling the volume. Yes, you can control the volume with Siri
How to control the volume with Siri
- Say “Hey Siri” or Double tap on either AirPod to trigger Siri.
- Command Siri to lower or raise the volume (“Set the media volume to 80 percent”)
Keep in mind that Siri won’t work until you’re connected to a network connection. Siri can be used to pause/play music as well as skip back or skip forward and many more.
How to disable AirPods Automatic Ear Detection
Yes, you can stop your AirPods from pausing when you remove them from your ears. A brand-new pair of AirPods are to pause anything that is playing when they detect that one of the AirPod is removed from your ear. Remove both of them to stop them completely. Anyhow, you can disable this program or feature by these simple steps. Music will be played whether the buds are in yours ears or out of them.
Disable Automatic Ear Detection
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Select AirPods from the listing.
- Turn the Automatic Ear Detection off.
Once the Ear Detection in AirPods are disabled you can be aware of your surroundings. You can listen to a single AirPod and put the other one to charging. Isn’t that just great?
Update AirPods Firmware
There is nothing you have to do in order to Update Your AirPods. They update automatically when the update is available. The latest version of AirPods is 3.7.2.
How to Check Your AirPods Firmware
- Open Settings
- Tap General
- Keep your AirPods close with charging case opened up
- Tap About
- It will display your AirPods current version
If your AirPods are not updated to latest version software then follow these simple steps to update them.
How to Update Your AirPods’ Firmware
- Put both AirPods in the case.
- Plug in your Charging Case.
- Keep your AirPods and iPhone connected with a network connection.
There is nothing else you have to do to Update AirPods software.
How to Find Lost AirPods
Wireless earphones are amazing, but there is always a drawback to something good. If you have lost any of your AirPod or both of them then there is no need to frighten. Apple Find my iPhone has got your back and we will tell you how.
If you’re using iPhone, iPad, or MacBook:
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Sign in with your apple id.
- Select AirPods from the list.
If you’re using a laptop:
- Open iCloud on your browser.
- Go to Find my iPhone
- Check all Devices
- Select AirPods
How to reset your AirPods
There is always a chance of things going wrong when it comes to tech. Just like other devices, AirPods have some pretty annoying problems. The most common problem is that one of the buds connects to the phone directly and you have to manually connect them. They are not programmed for this type of error. But if you are facing the same problem then we know how to troubleshoot AirPods.
- Put both the AirPods in the charging case and close it.
- Open settings on your iPhone and hit Bluetooth
- Go to AirPods and tap “Forget this device”.
- Open the charging case, don’t remove AirPods from it.
- Press and hold the button on the back of charging case until the light start beeping whit.
- Place the AirPods near your iPhone until the connect.
How to Connect your AirPods to An Android
Connecting AirPods to Android is a bit different than connecting them to Apple devices. But there is not much to do for android users to connect their android with AirPods. Some of the features might not work when you’re connected to a non-iOS phone like the ear detection function or the double-tap function we discussed before.
Connecting AirPods to Android is pretty simple
- Open AirPods charging case lid.
- Press the backside button of the case until it goes into pairing mode.
- Open Setting of your Android and go to Bluetooth.
- Hit pair when you find AirPods.
Home page: https://theimpossiblequizes.com